Elations for Communications!

{ Sunday, June 6, 2010 }
I have an annoying need to be successful.

Yes, it's annoying. It even annoys me. I am going to college for a dual degree in Strategic Communications and English/Creative Writing. I am doing this Disney internship in hopes that the Disney name will pop on my resume. However, it doesn't look like Disney's College Program offers much in the way of Communications.

I almost feel like I should be doing the professional internship, but it's way too late for that. While I will be a street sweeper on Main Street USA, I feel as if I should be chugging out media projects and using social media and writing for the marketing team or something!!
SOOOOOOOO
I'm definitely going to take advantage of the speaker series when I'm interning with Disney. I'm going to be standing on the top of the Cinderella Castle yelling through a megaphone: NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK!!!!!!!!

You see.....

I already have a plan laid out.

After my internship, I'm going to come back to Ohio State and have an internship with the Medical Center. Hopefully, I'll graduate with over 4 internships or jobs in my field of study, and I'll nab some semi-high paying job in Philadelphia, where I hope to return to.

I have an incessant need to be successful. I hold myself in this high standard that I must adhere to... and hopefully Disney will help me realize that.

"It's kind of fun doing the impossible." - Walt Disney



3 comments:

Mandie said...

I think it's fantastic that you have such high expectations for yourself! It sounds like you are bound for success. Are you cast in Custodial? Perhaps "sweeping the day away" will offer you lots of inspiration for your writing. You can observe all of the different kinds of people meandering through the park, outline stories in your head, all while getting a tan and working towards having Disney on your resume! Maybe being a sweeper will be a big "blessing in disguise" for you! :)

Rebecca said...

Yes! I am cast in custodial!! At first I didn't know what to think about it, but I've been told that it's a nice job to have. And you're right! I love people watching... especially at Disney! :)
When are you going down on your program? I got 75 days left.. AHHHH!!!! :D

Unknown said...

NETWORK
That actually made me laugh

Post a Comment